FINAL THOUGHTS...

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'” – Eleanor Roosevelt

When I began this program a year ago, I jumped in with both feet.  I had wanted this for a very long time, and it was almost as if I had been given a “do-over.”   All I knew was that life had recently thrown me several nasty curveballs, and I felt that going back to graduate school after 15 years was the best way to deal with them.  The thought of graduation, over a year away, seemed forever in the distance, and I had no real plans or ideas of where I was headed or what I wanted to do afterward.  Now, I am one term and one class away from graduation (ten weeks), and I am feeling more terrified than ever.  In essence, I am starting over mid-life and it scares me. 

While I believe I finally determined what I would love to do after graduation, it is no longer just me that I have to think about anymore.  What if I fail?  And things have drastically changed since I graduated from undergraduate.  The world is a much different place now (in more ways than one).  In the end, I believe going back to school has given me some of my confidence again; the belief in myself that was stripped away through the years. 

We all have dreams.  Some of mine will remain just that – dreams.  Others, like where I have determined I want to “go in life” may take me a little longer, but I don’t want them to be only dreams for the rest of my life.  I’ve worked too damn hard and come too far to sit on the sidelines while others accomplish their goals for the rest of my life.  It is my time now!  I am ready to achieve my goals and make my dreams a reality.       

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”  – Henry David Thoreau


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CROWDSOURCING: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HUMAN GENEROSITY

Ads, Ads, Everywhere!!

The Evolution of the Media